Liverpool Fashion Week - Oct 2017

In early October 2017 I was asked to assist Kiki Riki for two days showcasing their new lines at Liverpool Fashion Week. The event has great history so I thought it would be a great opportunity to showcase the brand to a new audience. The first thing on my list was to meet Jenny and her assistant Selina, to discuss an action plan to make sure we took full advantage of this opportunity. As she had not showcased her lines at this particular event before none of us had any idea of what to expect

        

The event coordinator Amanda was excited as I to meet one another, she had heard good things about me from others so therefore I wanted to make an impact. I went dressed to the nines in black trousers with tan shoes, a pale blue shirt, cream blazer, navy blue scarf and a chain skirt from Kiki Riki, she adored my outfit alongside my glitter makeup I used to accessories the outfit, especially how I applied it to my lips! She talked me through how she thought the event would pan out and what she expected from the different brands. There was a great variety of designers at this event ranging from kids-wear, accessories, bridal-wear, and of course glam-couture from Kiki Riki so I knew I was not alone in wanting to stand out



Jenny and Selina went backstage with  outfits to dress the models whilst I used my retail background to dress her table and clothing rack, we used a large graphic board, a rail and a table to add impact. I made our space look inviting and attention grabbing of course! I used different heights with displayed key garments on the table with their branded table cloth, I arranged the rail into clothing categories and used a section of the unused wall to hang different key lines they wanted to attract attention towards. I’m very attentive to detail and this showed in what I put together right down to the hangers being brand front labelled with the hooks facing the same direction. Little things like this really help enhance a brand




The event wasn’t open to the public yet so I decided to head backstage and see if they needed my assistance whilst Jenny and Selina were busy separating garments making sure they were ready for the models. I took over from Jenny so she could head out front to see if she was happy with what I had done so far and to give her the opportunity to speak to customers as soon as the doors opened to the guest, when she saw my display she told me she was more than happy with how the whole area looked and that she didn’t want to change one thing. The energy backstage was electric with everyone excited to see models wearing the Kiki riki clothing range, the other designers, hair and makeup artists, models and other organisers were in awe of our range. Seriously the garments look great in images but look even more incredible in person!

    

The event opened smoothly and it gave Kiki Riki who was showing last the opportunity to see the other collections which gave her an advantage. Selina and I headed backstage to dress the models so Jenny could be out front talking with guests that came to her area. Some of the outfits were made completely out of chain and needed two people to dress the models in a very short time, I must say Selina’s professionalism was faultless which was partially down to the fact that we were comfortable with each other to do what we needed to get models dressed quickly which was great as we had never met before. Just like backstage every outfit from Kiki riki kept guests transfixed on the catwalk which we had sparkle and glisten under the lights - our plan had worked


Day two;  Just like the first in many ways except today Amanda wanted Kiki Riki to open the show instead of close. I set the table area how I had the day before well Jenny went backstage to set up the clothing. Selena was absent today on other errands. We took the opportunity as we dressed the models to take photos of our hard work for a second day



The show went as smooth as the day before and there was attention on the Kiki Riki range, guests kept coming to our area to find out more about the brand and how and where to purchase. Link at bottom of page

Amanda thanked us after the event for being professional and helping out backstage whenever we had the chance. It was a great experience and it was made better by working with Jenny again. This time she got to see a different side to my professionalism and realised that I’m not only a fast thinking problem solver - she also saw that I am not afraid to get stuck in and help without hesitation!

        

After the event we went for a few drinks and learned more about one other which cemented not only our working future but our friendship too. In my own words Jenny really is a truly remarkable, intelligent woman

Full range Available at Essere Bella Boutique



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ELLA HUGHES - app launch

KIKI RIKI - clothing brand

SANDI BOGLE - film awards